Leslene's latest interview with Justine Toms of New Dimensions on her work and book, Midwifing Death.|
Run time approx. 1 hour.
Leslene della Madre is a midwife, not to birth but to the passage out of this life. Culturally we have learned to look the other way at the time of death, until we find ourselves afraid of the process and of handling the body that remains. But in recent years, more and more people are returning to ancient practices of caring for the body of a deceased loved one at home, rather than relinquishing it to the care of a funeral home. After years of supporting families through this process, Ms. della Madre has gained deep insight and wisdom about what it means to
heal through death. Her words will invite you to explore the ancient
rituals for honoring a deceased loved one in a way that ultimately brings
you closer to yourself.
Topics explored in this dialogue:
|New Dimensions Interview ~
$12.00 + 2.00 s/h
- How a home funeral can make the grieving process easier
- How your mothering instincts and skills can ease a loved one's passage into death
- What we lose when we lack a direct understanding of the death process
- How children can be willing and insightful participants in a home funeral
- Why witnessing death is similar to witnessing birth
Death and Dying
Available from New Dimensions Media